Start planning your sunny winter getaway, Canada! WestJet can be relaunching much more flight routes that have been beforehand suspended over two years in the past.
The Canadian low-cost airline introduced earlier this week that 17 of its sun routes will return simply in time for the winter journey season 2022/2023. We’ve obtained all the main points under.
Restoring These Routes Is ‘Another Positive Step’ In WestJet’s Flight Network
John Weatherill, WestJet’s Executive Vice-President and CCO, provided his sentiments following this week’s announcement:
“The restart of these routes is another positive step in the restoration our network as we solidify WestJet as the reliable, friendly and affordable airline we are known to be,” Weatherill stated.
“We recognize the past three winters have been disruptive to our guests travel plans and we look forward to reconnecting Canadians to some of the warmer destinations they have missed the most,” he added.
New Routes Include Popular U.S. Destinations
Among the 17 relaunched routes, 8 of them are between Canadian cities and popular (sunny) destinations simply south of the border, together with Las Vegas and Phoenix.
For Canadian vacationers, the relaunched routes will imply a 60% improve in transborder flights out there with the airline in comparison with 2021.
Here’s the checklist of added flight routes to the U.S.:
- Kelowna-Phoenix: 1x weekly, beginning November 16, 2022.
- Saskatoon-Las Vegas: 2 occasions per week, beginning November 10, 2022.
- Saskatoon-Orlando: 1x weekly, beginning December 16, 2022.
- Regina-Las Vegas: 2 occasions per week, beginning November 10, 2022.
- Regina-Orlando: 1x weekly, beginning December 16, 2022.
- Vancouver-Orlando: 1x weekly, beginning November 12, 2022.
- Winnipeg-Phoenix: 2 occasions per week, beginning October 31, 2022.
- St-John’s-Tampa Bay: 1x weekly, beginning March 19, 2023.
According to WestJet’s web site, the Saskatoon-Orlando route was operated on a really restricted foundation final 12 months in 2021.
Relaunched Flights To International Winter Sun Destinations
From this November, Canadian vacationers on each coasts can have extra choices for sunny getaways with WestJet.
9 relaunched flight routes to winter solar locations together with the Dominican Republic, Belize, Montego Bay, and Cayo Coco can be out there by the top of 2022.
This new schedule means a forty five% improve of flights to solar and leisure locations from Canada for the airline in comparison with 2021. The major departure cities are Calgary and Toronto, in addition to Ottawa, Comox, and Regina.
So, whether or not you’re pondering of a resort in Cuba or jetting off to Jamaica for a two-week getaway, there’s one thing for you.
Here’s the checklist of added flight routes to solar locations on WestJet:
- Calgary-Belize City: 1x weekly, beginning November 18, 2022.
- Calgary-Nassau: 1x weekly, beginning November 26, 2022.
- Calgary-Varadero: 1x weekly, beginning November 5, 2022.
- Comox-Puerto Vallarta: 1x weekly, beginning November 5, 2022.
- Ottawa-Montego Bay: 2 occasions per week, beginning November 12, 2022.
- Regina-Cancun: 3 occasions per week, beginning November 13, 2022.
- Toronto-Cayo Coco: 1x weekly, beginning November 5, 2022.
- Toronto-Samana: 1x weekly, beginning December 17, 2022.
- Toronto-Montego Bay: 1x weekly, beginning December 17, 2022.
WestJet Domestic Routes Ramping Up On The West Coast
On the native entrance, Westjet introduced that will probably be including a brand new path to its dometic flight schedule early subsequent 12 months. Starting February 17, 2023, the airline will launch 6x weekly flights between Vancouver and Penticton, BC.
The airline will even be resuming its home flight route between Edmonton, AB and Nanaimo, BC later this 12 months, from October 30, 2022.
↓ Join the group ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the newest reopening information, conversations, and Q&A’s taking place day by day!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your electronic mail tackle to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s newest breaking journey information, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Current journey guidelines and restrictions can change with out discover. The determination to journey is in the end your accountability. Contact your consulate and/or native authorities to substantiate your nationality’s entry and/or any modifications to journey necessities earlier than touring. Travel Off Path doesn’t endorse touring in opposition to authorities advisories